Toadi's Master Plan
Wesley Lorrez * 26th of Nov. 2018
As you know, the initial product of Toadi is an intelligent lawn robot with extra security and entertainment functions. However, some readers may not be aware of the fact that our long-term plan is to build Personal Worker Robots that will work for all of us at a very low cost. This is because the overarching purpose of Toadi is to help expedite the transition to a sustainable world.
Critical to making that happen are affordable Personal Worker Robots. That’s why our initial product is the most affordable and efficient multi-tasking robot available. Even so, some may question whether this actually does any good for the world. Are we really in need of a multi-functional lawn robot? Will it actually make a difference to the world situation we live in?
Well, the answer to both questions is: not much. However, that misses the point, unless you understand the master plan alluded to above. Almost any new technology initially has high development costs before it can be fully developed and this is no less true for Personal Worker Robots. The strategy of Toadi is to firstly disrupt an existing market, where customers are eager to buy an intelligent solution. And then use that income and core technology to further develop the robot as fast as possible to a Personal Worker Robot.
I can say that the second model will be the first Personal Worker Robot of its kind, helping already a great part in expediting the transition to a sustainable world.
Below you'll find several examples of how Personal Worker Robots will help expedite the transition to a sustainable world. In big lines they will help in:
- Reducing pollution (CO2, plastic, garbage & fertiliser).
- Restoring balance between the production of earth’s resources and human consumption.
- Reducing unfair working conditions.
- Cultivating healthy food.
- Enabling more free time for consciousness and spiritual growth.
- Creating comfort & pleasure for its owners.
The list below is only a limited, small list of examples about all the opportunities Personal Worker Robots will bring. A list that will be expanded enormously because the core-feature of Toadi enables endless possibilities.
That core-feature is that Toadi is able to deliver manual labour at no cost, non-stop. And by this core-feature we will be able to move away from unsustainable mass-production methods to use the benefits of manual labour in a modern, sustainable world.
In order to keep up with a fast-growing technology company, all free cash flow is ploughed back into R&D to drive down costs and bring the follow-up products to market as fast as possible. When someone buys the current product, they are actually helping to pay for the development of the first Personal Worker Robot.
Now I’d like to address how Personal Worker Robots will make the world a better place, by using a few examples to illustrate the outcome of our Master Plan — reducing pollution, cultivating healthy food, restoring the balance between the production of earth’s resources and human consumption.
Core-feature = manual robot labour
During the evolution of mankind, we were always looking on how to automate work, taking away manual labour or making it as cheap as possible. Until today. The tide is turned by the arrival of robots. Robots work 24/7 at no cost (or negligible cost) and they bring back the benefits of manual labour, such as local production and non-polluting production. However; this time, it’s manual labour done by robots, not by humans.
Reducing pollution (VOC’s, fine particulate matter, plastic, garbage & fertiliser)
- Toadi replaces air polluting garden equipment such as lawnmowers, leaf blowers... Today, gasoline- powered landscape maintenance equipment account for 43% of VOC’s and around 50% of fine particulate matter of all nonroad gasoline emissions (source: US Environmental Protection Agency).
- Toadi will seed, maintain and harvest a vegetable, fruit and herb garden, which will drastically reduce the CO2 emissions in green transport.
- And since Toadi maintains the garden manually, Toadi can grow vegetables, fruit and herbs without harmful pesticides. This reduces the use of hazardous pesticides.
- Toadi will be used to transport certain goods and this will reduce the CO2 emissions of goods transport.
- The sea is heavily polluted by plastic garbage, but also the fields and meadows are. Harmful to the environment in itself, as well as directly to humans because the minuscule plastic particles end up in our food chain. Toadi robots will clean up the plastic before they end up in our environmental chain by collecting them.
Cultivating healthy food
Our food production has evolved to a mass-production system because of its supposed efficiency. In reality we witness today that:
- Roughly one quarter of the world’s food calories are lost or wasted between field and fork (source: World Resources Institute).
- Wal-Mart publicized a press release that stated food travels 1500 miles before it reaches customers (adding up a lot to the CO2 emissions by transport).
- Organically produced foods are healthier but expensive to produce en masse.
Toadi will seed, maintain and harvest a vegetable, fruit and herb garden. He can do this for everyone, locally, at people's homes or at central locations for people who do not have a garden (city people, for example).
Restoring the balance between the production of earth’s resources and human consumption
Today we consume in 8 months all the resources that the earth produces in 12 months. We are losing a lot of resources since our mass production is no longer efficient due to the size it has obtained. Because Toadi produces locally, at people's homes, or at central locations for a group of people in the city, Toadi will ensure that there is less loss. On the one hand less loss in transport, on the other hand because Toadi can work on demand and thus avoid having to throw away excessively produced goods.
Reducing unfair working conditions
Today our economy is largely built on low-wage countries. Toadi robots work 24/7 at a much lower price than the lowest wage exists today. Because Toadi robots are not bound by political boundaries, Toadi robots can be used worldwide to produce locally, at extremely low cost, equally for everyone.
Enabling more free time for consciousness and spiritual growth
Today, in 2018, there is a culture of working hard and being busy all the time. We have evolved to a society driven by performance, forcing us in boxes and unconscious living habits. It is estimated humans are on average only 10% conscious about the actions they take. In the future we foresee a society who lives highly consciousness to support a sustainable world. Toadi will free up time by working for humans, enabling humans to invest in consciousness and spiritual growth.
In short, the master plan is:
- Disrupt the lawn-robot market with the first model and generate cashflow.
- Use the profit and technology to build a first Personal Worker Robot.
- Use the profit to build Personal Worker Robots for all the tasks needed to create a sustainable, healthy, fair and pleasant world for everyone.